According to Samsung Turkey, Galaxy Note 9 could start receiving the stable version of Android 9 Pie on January 15th. This branch has not always been completely reliable on the release dates of the updates, but we can still consider a roll out in mid-January plausible considering that the Beta program for S9 has already been concluded.
For Galaxy S8, S8 + and Note 8, however, we’ll have to wait a little longer: the three devices should receive Android Pie in mid-February.
Samsung has released a new beta version of Android Pie for Galaxy Note 9, the fourth – in chronological order – considering the recent release distributed in the South Korean market.
At the moment, as specified by Sammobile, the update would appear to be available in the United States and India with the respective build N960U1UEUZRLL and N960FXXU2ZRLR. It is not excluded that the new firmware can arrive in the coming hours in other countries where the beta program has been activated.
Several innovations integrated by the Korean company with this new update that, among other things, makes the Galaxy Note 9 the first Android smartphone to receive the latest security patches of January 2019.
Below is the official changelog:
- Fixed an issue that caused Samsung Notes to close
- Fixed an issue that did not allow the display to be unlocked after it was unlocked and turned off at the same time
- Reset the 5GHz option in the settings
- Fixed a problem with multitasking that recharges from the beginning if you run an old app again
- Restored the Search feature in the dialer app
- Resolved the Contacts app closes
- Fixed an issue that caused the display of the “screen Touch is restricted” popup
- Operator or clock icon moved to the right
- Improvements to the switch between the back and front chamber
- Fixed an issue that did not allow the display of profile images in contacts
- Fixed System UI crashes
- Fixed a problem with the navigation bar when viewing full-screen images
- Fixed some problems with the application of the Themes
- BUG NOTIFIED
- Force Touch in the central button not working with active gestures